Thursday, November 15, 2007
Orthopedics-Not My Thing
So I was able to get Isaak an appointment today at a pediatric orthopedic specialist. After the doctor told me that he'd have to yank on his thumb a bit to get it back to where it is supposed to be I all of a sudden got really nauseous. He did give us an option to go to the hospital and get an IV to numb his arm a bit, but that would take a few hours to do. So I talked Isaak into being tough, and just letting him yank at it for a couple minutes, and I'd be right there by his side. I managed to pull myself together while he did this, and just held Isaaks other hand, and closed my eyes real tight. The room got really hot and stuffy, and I found myself locating the nearest trash baskets. The doctor snapped that thumb right back in place, and it all went downhill from there. I sat back in the chair quick and put my head down. I managed to be okay while he casted it up. The nurses kept asking if I was okay, and me trying to be brave and hold it all in just gave them a thumbs up and continued to be miserable with my head down there talking myself out of anything my body wanted to naturally do! When it all was done I was listening to the doctor tell me how to take care of it, and then those pots and pans started clanging in my head, my face went numb, and down I went! I fainted! Luckily the doctor caught me before I hit the ground. I woke up to him rubbing my sturnum,(I guess that is how you would wake one up) and the nurses putting cold washcloths on my head and neck. The scariest part is when I finally came to, I had no idea where I was. I layed there for a good 5 minutes trying to figure out what was going on. Poor Isaak was mortified! I had to lay there on the little bed until I was good enough to drive home! Isaak told me that I am NOT allowed to go to his follow up appointment! He doesnt have to worry about that! Isaaks thumb is okay now that it is back in place, Once this nice headache goes away I will take a picture of him and his new cast. I dont know what was wrong with me! I did fine watching them stitch up Jakes chin, but the whole bone breaking thing is just not up my alley!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
That is horrible! I can't believe that really happened. Isaak will love telling that story. You will never hear the end of it!!
I cant believe that actually happened either! Meili! Last time I have fainted I was what...12??Yeah, so I was really embarrassed, the doctor actually called me tonight to make sure I was okay, and of couse to see if Isaak was hanging in there! I wont be showing my face there again! And it didnt help my embarrassing commotion I caused to have a not too bad lookin doctor around my age either! Oh MAN! Slithering back into my hole now!
Oh Mindy, I am so sorry that that happened to you. I am sure that Isaak will never forget it but what a great story to share. I love that Iassk told you that you were NOT allowed to go to the follow-up appointment.
Don't worry Mindy, I probably would have had the same thing happen to me, just reading about it makes me a little weak.
Post a Comment