Friday, November 23, 2007

It can happen in your own driveway!

Tonight Dave and the boys thought it would be a good idea to start on the Christmas lights out front. So I was inside telling Colin that he needs to quit going in and out the front door and to just go out there and help his dad. Just as he walked out the front door, and heard a huge crash. I ran out the door to see a car in my yard and driveway smashed into MY NEW VAN!!! Dave said he saw her coming around the corner going pretty fast and lost control. She came up into our yard and took out the black garbage can and hit the van that slid across the driveway and hit the basketball hoop that hit the wall. Then, the passenger got out and YELLED at Dave! Like we did something! Dave is pretty hot tempered, but he did well containing himself.
The lucky part...Jakob was standing ON the base of the basketball hoop when he saw her and he jumped out of the way before he got hit. Dave grabbed Isaak who was leaning next to the van by the hood of his jacket just in enough time that the van hit Dave in the leg. Colin could have been out there on his scooter in the driveway like he was doing just 2 minutes before. I cant even think about that. Dave is pretty mad. The people turned out to be most likely illegal aliens with no insurance and no license of course. And lucky us, they happen to live just 3 houses behind us.
The police just wrote her a ticket and let them walk home.
I am just thankful that the boys got out of the way in time. We havent had any car accidents since we've been together, and oddly enough it happened right in our own driveway. I guess that's the hazards of living on the corner! Dave did take some pictures, so after I figure it out on here I will post pics.





4 comments:

Kris said...

Mindy,
I am so glad everyone was okay. Someone is definitely looking out for your family. Looking forward to seeing you at the concert and family party. Thanks for the addresses.
Aunt Kris

Jessica said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh, I can not beleive that even happened I am glad that eeryone is okay. That is so scary. I would have flipped.

Rich Angie said...

Crazy!! So glad no one was hurt!