Monday, March 9, 2009

Doggy Sitters

No, we don't sit upon dogs. We are just watching my brother Jon's doggy for him until he gets his new house in California! His dog is a boxer named Kya. She is so good. I don't think I have ever run into such a well behaved pup. She does sleep with Dave and I, which is a tad annoying, but okay. She loves the kids, and follows them around everywhere. She has grown especially fond of Natalie. Natalie sometimes wakes up at night crying, and the dog will run to her bed and check on her. She will sniff her and pace back and forth by her bed, like she is wondering what is wrong with her. I have to say, "Kya, leave the baby alone." And she turns and goes back to bed. She mothers Natalie, it is so cute. Natalie isnt especially fond of her, but she'll get there. In the middle of the night, if she hears a noise, she will jump out of bed and run downstairs to check everything out, and then come back up. Dave and I call this making her runs. She seems very protective of us. When we leave she doesnt tear anything up, or get into any sort of mischief. She loves going on walks, She walks YOU actually, well, she RUNS you...we'll work on that. If Jon doesn't come get her, I think I will have no problem keeping her. We are sure going to miss her when she leaves though.

No comments: