Friday, May 9, 2008

Hummingbird Nest

I have seen a hummingbird come around for quite awhile, and now there is a little nest in our lights on our patio. I grabbed the ladder and my camera and got a picture of whats inside. There were two tiny eggs! Hopefully the eggs will hatch so I can get a picture of that too. I will keep updating. Any idea on how long it will take for these to hatch? The nest has been up there for about 4 days now. I am going to go get my hummingbird feeder and put it up to support my new little family I have here.






So I sat ouside on the swing and waited with my telephoto zoom lens for the momma to come home. I got a couple picures.



2 comments:

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Oh my gosh that is so cool! I can't beleive that it is so small. You will definetly have to take pictures of them when they are born. Can't wait!

Strider & Jana said...

That is so neat Mindy! I love the nest pictures... (and the signs- I'm gonna want one for our little one in the future...) That is so cool about the same due dates... I hope like Natalie our little tyke somes early. I'm going to be trying to go to school and so I could possibly go back and take my finals if needed.