Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Hooray for good grades!
Jakob and Isaak switched schools in between their 1st and 2nd quarter. I was worried how that was going to affect them. They were going to a Higley school during the first quarter and come report card and parent teacher conference time I was really surprised. Seems they didnt do as well as they did the year before(at a Mesa school). We did all their homework and studying, but for some reason their grades didnt reflect all their hard work. They still did decent, but nowhere near how fabulous they did before. That brought their spirits down, and honestly, mine too. We ended up moving shortly before their first quarter ended, but I drove them out to school every morning until it ended. As soon as the 2nd quarter started at this new school,(a Mesa school)I enrolled them. The first day of school they both came bouncing home all excited that they had a lot of friends, and they loved their teachers. The 2nd quarter ended just before Christmas, and we had our parent teacher conferences last week. First we had Jakob's teacher..She is AWESOME. She has a wonderful personality, and loves Jakob to death. Jakob said half her class is spanish speaking, and a lot of them hardly know any english at all. How frustrating would that be?! She went on about Jakob being a perfectionist and showed us his work, all neatly written or colored, and even asked Jakob if she could keep one of his pieces of work to show the kids next year how she would like it done. Jakob got AMAZING grades, I just wanted to squeeze and kiss him right there! Next, we trotted up to Isaaks class. Isaak and his teacher get along great. She has a tight rein on his class, and he appreciates working "in peace" as he says. She told us she tests each child at the end of each quarter to see where they are in completing the requirements in 1st grade..well, Isaak has already blown that out of the water. He passed every single thing she put in front of him. She put him in a separate reading class from the other kids because he is so advanced, she wants to challange him. Isnt that awesome?! School work comes very easy to Isaak. He has gotten 100% on all of his spelling tests and we dont even need to practice! Monday he brings them home, he slaps his paper on the counter with his words on it, and says "Mom, here are my words, but I already know them all." Of course I have to test him to be sure, and sure enough he always does. How does that happen? I am so grateful for my boys and how smart they are. Jakob is the artistic/perfectionist and Isaak is just plain book smart. I suspect he also has a photographic memory. It just blows me away. Anyway, I just wanted to let the whole world know how much I love these boys, and I hope Colin and Nattie will be just as easy. It is so fun to be a parent and watch them do so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Good for them being so good in school. I hope that they keep it up, and continue to love school till graduation.
Post a Comment