Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Kid-Free Camping!



Daves parents invited up up to Mormon Lake this past weekend to have a quiet relaxing time. Boy, after the past two weeks we've had..we needed it! My cousin Christine came over and spent the night with the kids, and Dave and I drove up there to join his parents. I was surprised that it was only a 2 hour drive to get out of this heat. As soon as we got there, Dave and I took off on the quads, and explored the forest. We came across the start of a forest fire, and rode back into town to get the firemen up there. It was pretty sweet, they were totally grateful that we came and got them. It looked like someone dumped their charcoal out of their grill in the middle of the woods, and left. They even left the grill behind! So naturally the coals caught the ground on fire, and it spread out about 10 feet when we found it. I didnt take that many pictures of our trip, but got some.






Guess who had to push him out of this pickle! Boys...*sigh*

2 comments:

Strider & Jana said...

How fun! Not the pushing Dave out of the mud part, but other then that- what a blast!! I was gonna tell you that we need to get together as a family and go out that way... My parents have a cabin in Bear Park just a few miles away from Mormon Lake!

Adam and Jess said...

What a fun break away from kids. The last time I went quading, we hadn't even had Gage yet, so it was obviously a while ago. Looks like you've been having fun this summer though.