Monday, January 19, 2009

It's been 8 years...

this month since I met Dave at Freestone Park. We met online, (hahaha..it's a long story) and found out that we both lived less than a mile away from each other. We decided after exchanging emails for awhile to meet up at the park. When I was a single mom with two boys, ages 3, and 18 months. I decided that they were going to be my most important thing in my life. When I met Dave I brought them with me, because I didn't want him to get the impression that they were in the back seat. I figured if he wasnt alright with me being a mom, and the boys at their most difficult age(terrible twos...ugh!) Then he wasn't going to make the cut. But he did. We chased those two around the park, and had a lot of fun. I can't say that there are too many guys out there that would take on such a heap of mischief, and responsibility. I appreciate him for that everyday. We then decided that since it was dinner time to go somewhere to eat. He asked them where they wanted to go, and Jakob of course chose McDonalds. So we met at McDonalds where we let the kids eat and play, and we got to talk. Afterwards we were walking to the cars, Jakob decided that he had to go to the bathroom real bad. He just stopped, unzipped, and went right there in the parking lot! I was horrified, and Dave couldnt stop laughing. I think about how far we have come, and how grateful I am for everything that we have. We've gone from having absolutely nothing..walking in a rainstorm to the hospital when Isaak was sick because we didnt have a car, to now, where we are all a tad spoiled. I am sure that there are many years ahead of us, but so far so good! I put together a collage with a frame of pictures of all of us since the beginning to remind us of where we have been. It is at the top of the stairs so that we pass by it everyday.

1 comment:

Adam and Jess said...

Eight years! Impressive. Sounds like you caught a winner if he was so understanding the first time you met. The peeing in the parking lot was pretty funny.