Friday, December 5, 2008
Colin's Catastrophe
Colin had luck on his side last Tuesday night. Like a curious boy he didn't listen to his daddy when he told him to stay away from the moving trailer. He somehow got the pins out of the back ramp that folds up, and it came crashing down on him. Luckily, I was walking out into the garage right when this happened, and saw him pinned under the ramp, bent completely in half backwards. His legs were bent back under his shoulders, and his face caught the metal grates of the ramp. I lifted it up off of him, and he rolled over onto his side and started screaming that he hurt his back. I've never seen anyone bent that way before, and was worried he broke it by the way he was pinned under there. I didn't know how to keep him from not moving, because he was shaking and screaming. So long story short, we took him to the Urgent Care who then sent him to Banner Desert, where he got x-rays, that all turned out negative. By the time he left the hospital he was walking again, but with a limp. They said he probably pulled some muscles. I am just grateful that it turned out how it did, he missed a metal slat sticking out by an inch that could have went right through his head. He got a good bruise on his face from the grates, but thats it. I think he realizes that it is important to listen now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Thats scary! Dont kids keep life interesting? Gotta love it.
Oh my word! That is scary! I'm glad he's ok!
Wow, what a blessed boy!! Sounds like he was pretty contorted. First Chloe, then Colin, what's with these kids this week. Glad he wasn't hurt
Post a Comment