Monday, September 1, 2008

The new and random...

So I have been at this same weight for the past month, (I have lost 24 pounds so far) and it is pretty frustrating. Dave found a new program that we are going to start next week after we get back from San Diego. I am a little scared to say the least, we watched the first work out, and yes, I am going to die. It is a pretty popular routine,(yet tough) with a lot of sucess, so at least I know it is going to work. I am anxious to start it, but wanted to wait until we got back, because I know I won't behave while I am there! So aparantly in 90 days I am going to be one hot buff mama. Yeah. We'll see!


As I mentioned above, Dave and I are going to San Diego..again, for his business trip. We went last year too, his company pays for everything. We stay in the best hotel, and get to do whatever we want over the weekend. I am pretty excited, a break from the kids is always good too. My mom is coming to stay at my house with them, lucky duck. I am sure we will have lots of fun, and I am bringing my big camera for some good pictures that you know I wont be able to resist posting on here later.

What else...oh, we live in a fine neighborhood. I left this morning to go the the grocery store and had to take an alternate route because the street exiting our neighborhood, (right next to the boys' school) was taped off and about 20 police cars, and who knows what else was all over the place. I asked a guy standing on the corner what happened, and he said there was a high speed chase that ended here with the car in someones yard, and the people ran into this house, and barracaded themselves inside. Nice...so glad I can live in the armpit of Mesa! Really, it isnt a nice neighborhood at all, and we are leaving as soon as we can get out of here. Good thing today is Labor Day and the boys weren't in school otherwise they would have been on lockdown. So me and my camera..lol..drove past, and took some pictures!



A couple nights ago, there was this huge storm. It was amazing. The sky was constantly lit up with lightening, and there was this constant roar of thunder and wind, that sounded like a jet plane flying over top. We got a few lightening shots, and then the next day when Dave got to work, he saw what could have been like a tornado that ripped through downtown Tempe. Window panes flew off of the building that they are working on and and flew threw the sky and into the windows of the Marriott hotel across the way. He took some pictures of all the devestation around. Pretty amazing sight!




These are window panes hanging off the edge!




Imagine coming out to your car looking like this in the morning! :(





What else...oh, I did end up getting to go to one of Jakob's practices, and getting some pictures of him in action..





The kids have been keeping themselves busy with playing in the sprinklers, and waterfights lately. Got some pretty cute pictures of them doing that too.




















Thats pretty much all the excitement here. I will post again later about our trip. Hope everyone has a good 3 day weekend!








No comments: