
Lets just say for a few of us it stays exciting..I have chronic insomnia, and between Isaak taking his nightly stroll, to Natalie's terrors..its exhausting! I wanted to write about this mostly for myself, so I wont forget when my kids are grown up and gone. So about 3 am Isaak crawls out of bed, (I can hear him because his bed is super squeaky) he goes into the kitchen and just stands there. Some mornings, I find him sitting upright on the couch totally asleep. Its sometimes funny because he has no clue in the morning what happened. So when I hear him walking around I get up, I usually find him just standing there, all crazy-eyed. I say "Isaak! Are you awake?" Which almost every time he says yes. Oh yeah, sure buddy! He has been doing this since he was in a toddler bed. When he was about 4, I woke up to this sound of water running..IN MY CLOSET! Sure enough, Isaak was going to the bathroom all over my shoes. I did a lot of reading on this, and turns out 9 times out of 10 they need to go to the bathroom and don't know where to go. So I direct him to the right place, and he gets back in bed with no causalities. My biggest fear is that I wont hear him one night and he walks out the front door.
Natalie has night terrors. There is absolutely nothing I can do to help her. She wakes up screaming and crying. I go in and hold her, but experts claim she doesn't even know I am there. This episode lasts anywhere from 2-30 minutes. It stops as quick as it starts too. She will just roll over and she's back asleep. I read up a ton on this, and it claims this is something that she will grow out of but is certainly hereditary, so her kids will most likely do it too.



No comments:
Post a Comment